A Polar Bear on Tour – Part II (A Prophet in the Desert )

It has been a while since the identity crisis
But at times, the niggling question still arises
What is my purpose in this barren sandy place?
Is it my calling to uplift the camel race?

I would ponder in my cozy oasis-side igloo
Where time is a-plenty and distractions few
I called a meeting to announce my noble intention
To educate the boors and show them the path to redemption

A more difficult task I have never faced since
Camels as a race are even worse than humans!
No sense of cleanliness, no respect for private space
No gallantry, no respect for me and no saying grace

I worked day and night and saw the philistines getting better
Till one day, my five favorite pupils all married their only sister!
I failed in my mission, and drank myself to despair
I was no messiah, just a hopeless Saharan polar bear

Since that day, many more have passed me by
The camels haven’t changed a bit and neither have I
I now have a pretty cameline wife and a confused pair of twins
They look a lot like my wife, but with my double chins

0 comments: