For the love of an electron….

It was a lazy afternoon, no one seemed to be home.
About the homely lattices did we joyfully roam
I saw her swimming near the nucleus next door,
Her bottom quark made my magnetic field soar!
I sensed her minus half spin synchronizing with mine
The environs throbbed with energy…the feeling was divine!
I could see us jumping across energy levels together,
This love, it seemed, would last forever!
I knew then, that I wasn’t just a wave or particle, but much more!
My ego swelled, I could’ve said ,” Boo!” to Mr Bohr!
I swam faster and faster, to reach my quantum of love,
It began to get hotter, I started to huff and puff.
All of a sudden, somewhere, a switch was flipped
And through the roomy lattices, a surge of power zipped.
Away we were swept by a mighty force unknown,
To the other end of our world we were thrown
Amid the stampeding crowd, I looked around for her
But the chance, it seemed, had been lost forever.
I cried myself to oscillation that night,
And shed as many tears as a strong young electron might.
But,in the bottom of my heart, I knew we would’ve never gelled
For, as the laws of physics state, likes will always repel.

0 comments: